Monday, November 9, 2009

FIRST PATIENT THIS MORNING @ LABCORP FOR MY WEEKLY FASTING BLOOD LABS.........AND THE FEAST OF JOHN LATERAN.........

Taking the back roads instead of the freeway to Coyle Avenue, meant I arrived at Labcorp at 7:40 am, to be the first patient draw of the day. My ever elusive veins gave the technician a challenge at my most popular site my right mid-arm, so she warmed up my right hand and drew the three vials of blood from there. After my birthday celebrations last week, I am continuing to catch up with my body and will amply rest this week to be ready for my substituting at St. Philomene's as of a week from tomorrow, through the first days of December... Today, is the Feast of the Dedication of St. John Lateran, one of four major Roman basilicas, that bears an inscription at its front that reads, "Most Holy Lateran Church, of all the churches in the city and the world, the mother and head". The Lateran Family palace served for many years as the residence of the Popes. That is, until after the Pope returned to Rome after exille in Avignon, France, when Popes began to reside at the Vatican. The Feast of the Dedication of St. John Lateran, also represents the Church being built on the, "living stones", of God's People. Therefore, it is secondarily a celebration of the dedication of every church in the world. Here at Presentation of the BVM, it is also the twelve day countdown to the Parish Feast Day on November 21. During the twelve years I was Pastor of St. Joseph's Parish, Yreka, St. Thomas the Apostle Parish, Oroville, and Holy Family Parish, Citrus Heights, I led the parishes in a special Feast Day Liturgy, that included the annual 'State of the Parish Address', and that was followed by a potluck, barbeque, luncheon reception, or games day. I firmly believe all parishes should do something special to annually celebrate their feast days. Happy Parish Feast Day to you, whichever parish you attend...................................................
Peace + Prayers in Being the Living Stones of Jesus the Christ, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive