Sunday, November 15, 2009

THE CONCLUDING WEEKS OF THE CHURCH YEAR FOCUS OUR FAITH ON THE END TIMES.........

On this 33rd Sunday of Ordinary Time, in the penultimate week of the Liturgical Year, God's Word focuses our attention on the end of the world, the Parousia. The Prophet Daniel speaks of doom as well as with hope in the end times of Creation. Mark's Gospel proclaims the solemn, but majestic nature of the end of time when all things will pass away and God's Kingdom of Eternal Life will be inaugurated for all Believers. Thus as Catholic-Christian People, we are not governed by Fear or doubt, but by the assurances of Faith and in fidelity to the Gospel values of Life. Having celebrated the 5:30 pm Mass at Our Lady of Assumption Church in Carmichael last night, I presided at the 8 am Sunday Eucharist at Presentation Church this morning and will celebrate the 1 pm November Healing Mass here this afternoon. On this 82nd day after my kidney transplant, with ten days to go in my convalescence period, I am transitioning well into a resumption of my priestly ministry, with every hope to be returned to full time ministry and the pastorate of a parish very soon. That has been my goal and intention for more than five years, since I was placed on medical leave on July 31, 2004. Despite my diabetes and renal failure, I did not stop celebrating Masses and Sacraments, or teaching Adult Faith Formation, and I ministered as best I could at Holy Family, Citrus Heights; Our Lady of Lourdes, Del Paso Heights; St. Rose's, South Sacramento; Presentation of the BVM, and St. Philomene's, in northeast Sacramento. The fear and doubt wrought by my diseases did not supplant my faith in God and fidelity to my priestly ministry and my vision to be restored to a pastorate of the Church in short order. God, my donor, and Mayo Clinic Hospital Arizona, have given me a new lease on life and the opportunity to continue my presbyteral ministry. Please God, the Diocese of Sacramento will reaffirm my priestly vocation with assignment to a parish, as a Pastor of souls in the new year. I remain a Priest of Jesus Christ in this my native diocese, because Faith and fidelity, not Fear or frustration, are the guiding light of my efforts to be a dedicated servant-leader of God's People. How is your Faith supplanting Fear, now and in anticipation of the end times ?.........Peace + Prayers in
Jesus the Christ, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive