Wednesday, November 4, 2009

BIRTHDAY 53 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 71 DAYS POST TRANSPLANT.........

On this my 53rd Birthday, the Memorial Feastday of St. Charles Borromeo, who I claim as my patron saint, "GOD IS GOOD"...Ten weeks and one day after my kidney transplant I am celebrating my personal solemnity and the beginning of my new year of life, successfully transplanted and progressing each day. It is not yet Noon, and I have already received 1 telephone call, 2 e-mails, 3 cards, and 15 Facebook messages, all imparting Happy Birthday greetings...21 remembrances so far, in less than 12 hours, with twelve to go, is wonderful.........The Direct TV four hour repair technician window is about to open. I survived last night and my limited access to election night coverage, as the local and networks coverage is more a headline service lacking the depth of coverage and analysis the cable news networks provide. And today's newspaper is incomplete, requiring waiting until tomorrow for full coverage. Considering I cannot go out to lunch given this tech window, I am debating with what to have for lunch that is different from my usual soup and sandwich. I had planned to go to the Buggy Whip restaurant for my birthday lunch, but may end up there for dinner instead, as other plans haven't materialized. Once the tech has departed I will make my daily outing beyond the parish plant to get in a quality walk. Walking around the parish grounds is okay, but has gotten old after two and a half weeks, when I have the mobility to journey beyond it.
Enough opining for today. With my health and energy so wonderfully on the uptick, with my circle of friends continuing to come through with their communications of caring and concern, and the anticipation that I may well be back to fulltime parish ministry again soon, has me jazzed, hope filled, and optimistic; that the very thing God intends for me to be doing with my life as a Priest of Jesus Christ, I will be actively able to do for years to come.........Peace + Prayers in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit...
Father Troy David Powers

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive