Monday, March 19, 2012

YOUR AVAILABILITY TO PROVIDE RIDES TO MEDICAL APPOINTMENTS MY GREATEST CURRENT NEED............

While I reside at Mercy McMahon Terrace arranging transportation to my doctors' appointments will continue to be necessary, as MMT does not provide rides to residents beyond a ten mile radius.  Therefore, my options are hiring taxis to make the 30-40 mile round trips, or ask my available friends for assistance in getting to and from these medical appointments.  Dr. Cookson, my orthopedic surgeon had a cancellation opening today at 2 pm today I was unable to accept, as I lacked a ride.  I could not take a taxi today and my 10 a.m. postings on my Blog and Facebook, did not garner a response.  The orders for my permanent prosthetic leg have been sent to Dr. Cookson, but he cannot authorize it until I keep a follow-up examination appointment with him.  The earliest scheduled appointment available with him is during Holy Week, still more than two weeks away, unless he has another cancellation opening.  And until my black pouch is back in my hands, hopefully by early next week, I have no access to my personal finances  or even money to pay for incidental costs such as taxi rides with.  Wanting to remain as independent and self sufficient as I can be, it is not easy for me to ask or otherwise impose, on the small number of you who are already so very generous and attentive to me, as you have been for years.  Know that I  am deeply grateful for whatever you have done, can do, and will do, to assist me with transportation to medical appointments.  Let me know what days and times you are available, in the event I am in need of a ride...........Confident this Frustrating Uncertainly will soon be Resolved,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive