Tuesday, March 13, 2012

THE START UP CHALLENGES OF BEING UPROOTED............

As I begin my first full day as a  resident in Mercy McMahon Terrace, the challenges of being uprooted, and relocated such as no television connection, limited accessibility to the internet, due to WiFi weakness, given the thickness of the walls and pipes in the facility, which means until I can establish a more solid connection I must come to the lobby to blog, e-mail, or otherwise use my laptop.  I am reminded as I contend with such frustrations, this too shall pass, but it is frustrating to lose the control and independence to do such things without extra effort being required, such as leaving my own quarters to blog, e-mail, or otherwise get or impart information on the internet.  Patience in contending with matters like this, is not one of my virtues, but alas a reality to be dealt with.  The MMT staff and residents are being quite cordial and welcoming, as I get the lay of the land and sort out what my days here will be like .  Nikki and the maintenance man are already arranging my television cable connection.  Trying my best to remember my present motto, "Push Forward", in stability to get back to priestly, pastoral, parish, ministry............Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive