Thursday, March 29, 2012

CHRISM MASS DAY IN SACRAMENTO............

Today the priests, deacons, religious, and laity, of the Church of Sacramento will gather in the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament this evening for the celebration of the annual Diocesan Chrism Mass.  I will be attending arranging transportation either by the MMT shuttle or a taxi.  The Holy Oils used in the sacramental and liturgical life of the Community of Believers will be consecrated by Bishop Jaime Soto and the renewal of the commitment of the priests serving in the Sacramento Diocese and acknowledgement and affirmation of the ministries carried out by the religious, deacons, and laity, will also take place.  I attended my first Chrism Mass on Holy Thursday 1968, with my mother; and it was twenty five years ago tonight that I participated in the Mass of the Holy Oils, as the Deacon of the Gospel, just a few weeks before my priestly ordination, the silver jubilee of which is now just five weeks away............Fr.  Troy  

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive