Friday, March 9, 2012

DISCHARGE DAY............

I was released from physical and occupational therapy here at Mercy General Rehab yesterday, as I have successfully regained the ability to transfer, and to ambulate a fair distance with the assistance of a walker, so that stablized again - the doctor and therapists have decided to discharge me today.  Jack Pennington is coming to take me back to the rectory to proceed with my progress and ongoing prosthetic physical therapy, as I transition back into everyday activity.  My thanks to the Mercy General Rehab medical team and therapy staff in the Continuing Care Center, and to my circle of parishioners, fellow priests, and friends near and far, who have shared in and supported me during recent weeks.  My appreciation and prayers are with all of youm as I move toward resuming my priestly, pastoral duties at OLOL Parish............Fr.  Troy

2 comments:

Ruby said...

Dear Father Troy

I am saddened and so sorry that you aren't allowed to come back to OLOL.   You were there for us during our dad's sickness and death.  You also were there to help us with our RCIA.   You helped our family come back to the church.  I know that without you there at OLOL we wouldn't have found the faith we have now.  Thank you for that.

I will continue to look at your blog.  I've learned so much from them as I grow in my faith.  

Please keep in touch with the Pennington and Shepherd family.   We care so much about you.

With respect,

Ruby Shepherd

Unknown said...

RUBY, THANKS TO YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY FOR THE SUPPORT YOU PROVIDE ME AND OLOL PARISH. I TOO, AM VERY DISAPPOINTED NOT TO BE RETURNING TO OLOL AT THE PRESENT TIME. ALL MY BEST PRAYERFULLY AND INTERPERSONALLY TO THE SHEPHERD / PENNINGTON FAMILY AND ALL OF OLOL FAMILES...........FR. TROY

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive