Friday, March 16, 2012

MEETING DAILY NEEDS FROM AN AWAY LOCATION............

Being shifted from the Mercy Rehab Continuing Care Center to Mercy McMahon Terrace instead of returning to the parish rectory, means having to have necessary belongings brought to me by friends and parishioners; such as clothing and other personal items, that are vital to daily living.  My familiar black pouch, continuing my wallet, checkbook, passport, medical cards, and keys, hasn't resurfaced in the rectory, and with Fr. Pius on vacation in Nigeria, may not be available to me for another two weeks.  Transferring perscriptions to MMT, with Costco mail order delivery, will rake ten days to arrive and so the nurses here reordered two medications from my El Camino Avenue and Del Paso Boulevard Walgreen's needing to be picked up.  As I dressed this morning I discovered among the clothes I have with me, shirts are few and laundry here is done on Mondays, so I'll have to be creative the next four days in going beyond my quarters.  These are some of the practicalities faced by anyone who is uprooted from their accustomed surroundings.  For me, not wanting to be a burden or overly dependent on others to provide for me and lose my independence is important, as I do everything I can to eliminate the perception on the part of some, that I have become one............Remembering on the eve of his Feast Day, that the faithful St. Patrick also bore more than a few crosses,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive