Monday, March 19, 2012

ST. JOSEPH'S DAY GREETINGS............

Today as we celebrate the Catholic-Christian Solemnity of St. Joseph, Husband of the Blessed Virgin Mary; Foster and Legal Father of Jesus; I am thinking and praying especially for my mother Josephine, for my friends, past and present parishioners, and the people of Yreka, Siskiyou County in St. Joseph's Parish, my first pastorate; who are of Italian ancestry.  By greeting other MMT residents this morning at breakfast in the dining room, with the words, "Happy St. Joseph's Day", drew me questions about not only about the significance of the day, but the assumption on the part of one of the table of residents I greeted on my way to my own table, that I must be of Italian ancestry myself !  St. Joseph teaches us valuable lessons about fidelity, loyalty, holiness, and being humble, core attritubes of Christ's Disciples.  I wish everyone of you commemorating St. Joseph's Day  blessings, best wishes, and a bountiful celebration, especially if you are keeping the Italian tradition of having a St. Joseph's Table, feasting with your families with favorite food and drink............Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive