Thursday, August 4, 2011

THURSDAY 8-4-11, @ 8 PM, AND NO INFUSION THERAPY VOLUNTEERS YET FOR FRIDAY, SATURDAY, OR SUNDAY, NIGHTS AT 8PM THIS WEEKEND...........

My Thursday evening antibiotic infusion therapy volunteer is running more than ten minutes late, and hasn't arrived yet; but more importantly even though I have publicized my schedule needs for this week for six days now, I still have no volunteers signed up for he weekend - Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night.  If anyone in my circle of friends, is available on one or all of these three nights to facilitate the treatment in the rectory, I can walk you through the connection and disconnection procedure,   After more than four weeks of having to nail down the two times a day, with only a handful of willing volunteers, this is getting more frustrating and time consuming for me to make certain there are voliunteers to cover the daily/weekly schedule, a.m. and p.m. .  If only one percent of my Sacramento area circle, were to volunteer for all my post amputation rehabilitation needs, I would have m\ore than 80 volunteers to cover the bases.  8-18 volunteers in total, to cover the antibiotic infusion treatments, and drive me to medical appointments, physical therapy sessions, or other special events, is a continuous stretch, just to cover the essential bases.  I am beginning to pray that this will be the last time in the remainder of my lifetime, that I will ever have to request or depend upon the volunteerism of my circle of friends.  I have learned just how few of you I can expect to meet, what for the majority of you, I can only suppose are unreasonable demands on your time.  At the same time, it is causing me to grow in my boundless gratitude for the small group of you, who as you have through the years, always been there for me, even when I know it was not easy for you to be.  That is what gets me through the draining downside of the indifferent and unresponsive.  Speaking of which, my p.m. volunteer has not arrived, thirty five minutes into the starting time for the treatment, so it looks like I will have to press Fr. Pius into service, as I cannot forego the infusion.....On the physical therapy front, I progressed today to being able to walk up and down the inside temporary ramp, in the rectory -(one of two rectory ramps built by one of my less than twenty selfless volunteers, Merv Carson) and I did so with the walker, and only minimal assistance from the physical therapist, and I did it twice !!...........Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive