Friday, August 26, 2011

BACK TO SKY HARBOR / BARRY GOLDWATER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT...........

My 1 p.m. Mayo Clinic Hospital appointment with Jason Bodner, Physician's Assistant, was very highly successful.  The results of this week's second anniversary kidney transplant are excellent.  There has been no sign of rejection during the past year, and all my labs are in the normal and preferred ranges.  My Prograf dose anti rejection drug is stable enough that Jason is lowering it from 1 mg. twice daily, to 1 mg. mornings and .5 mg. evenings, effective immediately.  My Monday morning twelve hours fasting, blood sugar, was 136, slightly high of the goal of 120; but in the range from the mid 120's to mid 140's it has been since my return to the parish rectory on July 6.  My cholestorol is slightly high, and the blood pressure monitoring shows, we can increase the coverage, given the current levels of medication, I am taking daily.  Otherwise, all my blood lab results are within the acceptable range.  Overall, Jason stated this year's findings are an improvement over last year. Thus despite the two infections, and my amputation, earlier this year, I am acclimating to the kidney transplant well.  I inquired about Dr. Moss, Dr. Heilman, and the rest of the Transplant Team, and Jason reported they are all in good form.  He said Mayo Clinic Arizona may well exceed its quota of  kidney transplants beyond 200, this year.   An increasing number of them pancreas/kidney transplants. Unless a Transplant Reunion during the next twelve months takes me back to the Mayo Clinic Arizona; hopefully building upon this very positive progress report regarding my kidney transplant, there will be no other reason to return before my annual evaluation in August 2012...........Alleluia !!!  Sing Glory and Praise To Jesus The Lord !!!,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive