Saturday, August 27, 2011

A DOMINICAN MISSIONARY APPEAL @ OLOL PARISH THIS SUNDAY...........

My return from four days in Phoenix and my annual Mayo Clinic post transplant evaluation, brings me back to a weekend with a Propagation of the Faith Missionary Appeal, by a Dominican priest, Father Wall.  He has just arrived and will be preaching at all three Masses, hearing the Saturday Confessions, and presiding at one of the Sunday Eucharists.  I have made Saturday a low-key, regrouping day, after the travel, movements, and heat/humidity, of Monday-Friday.  It reached 118 degrees Fahrenheit in Phoenix on Thursday, and felt as though it were growing hotter as we departed for the airport yesterday afternoon.  I am  pleased not only with the excellent results of my kidney transplant tests during the past week, but with the success of traveling with my prostheses, in a wheelchair and with a walker, virtually without a hitch.  The Americans with Disabilities Act, statutes worked wonderfully well in getting me through check in and homeland security, and on and off the airplanes and seating worked well, especially on the return flight back to Sacramento, when a third man joined Noe and I, in the front row seating.  I still had ample room for my prosthetic leg, without discomfort to myself or to either of them.  The cool down in temperatures last night and today, in Sacramento versus Phoenix, is a change of twelve to twenty degrees less, so a welcome reprieve !!  I am now turning to getting ready for the 5 p.m. Vigil Mass, followed by an evening playing host to our Dominican missionary priest...........In Jesus Name We Pray,  Alleluia !!!  Amen !!!,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive