Monday, August 8, 2011

HOME COOKING AND NEEDED VOLUNTEERS...........

Over the weekend, in addition to the home grown vegetables and fruits the OLOL rectory is being abundantly gifted with, during these days of summer, a parishioner who is an excellent cook, and who in years past was the cook for Monsignor Terwilliger, and Father Madigan, here at OLOL, and went on to be a cook at the Ellis Senior Center, at Immaculate Conception Church, in Oak Park - Connie Matthews, who is also serving as one of my antibiotic infusion therapy volunteers, - cooked and brought me some of her wonderful Barbequed Chicken, Ribs, macaroni salad, and green beans.  Like her Chicken and Dumplings last month, the BBQ, which I truly love, was brilliant and made for a most delicious weekend of dining at home.....This Thursday, August 11, I have an appointment with Dr. Randy Martin, at Sutter Roseville Medical Center, for which I am still in need of a ride.   My appointment is scheduled for 9:45 a.m., just after I am connected to my morning antibiotic treatment, as I take the portable pump with me.  I also have an appointment following the first one at Sutter-Roseville, with Clint, at Anchor Prosthetics, on  Auburn Boulevard and Watt Avenue, immediately following in the 11 o'clock hour, so a driver who can take me to both appointments, would be best.  If you are available on Thursday, between 9:15 a.m. -12:15 p.m., I can use your assistance as my driver.
I am awaiting the weekly visit from my home health care nurse, Susan Boyle, at 7 p.m., and then my infusion therapy volunteers, Bill and Ruby Shepherd, at 8 p.m. .....Also today, my 2nd Annual Evaluation Itinerary, reviewing my Kidney Transplant, at the Mayo Clinic Arizona, in Phoenix, August 23-26, arrived today, so I am in the throes of arranging taking a train to and from Phoenix that week, and finding a traveling companion to go along with me, on this first post amputation journey, outside of Sacramento...........Can You ?  Will You ? Help Me ?   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive