Thursday, August 11, 2011

ST. CLARE, VIRGIN, SISTER OF ST. FRANCIS ASSISI, PATRONESS OF OUR ANTELOPE PARISH...........

St. Francis of Assisi, founder of the Franciscan religious order, had a blood sister, who was a virgin, and whose holiness caused her to follow in her brother's footsteps, and in ministry to the most needy persons in twelvth century Italy.  After working with her brother Francis for a period of time, Clare became the foundress of a religious order for women, the Poor Clares, who following the Franciscan spirituality, focused their ministry on contemplative prayer and working on behalf of the poor.  The feastday of St. Clare, always causes me to remember and pray for my beloved friend and fellow believer, Claire Clark.  Clark was a truly wonderful Catholic-Christian woman.  A mother of four sons, and a daughter, Claire was a loving mother and a great devotee of the Blessed Mother.  Her son Tony was my most outstanding Confirmation students.  Meeting Claire and her children, in the last five years of my mother's life, she became a close and caring friend to me, and to my mother.  As Claire and my mother Josephine bounded, one of the monthly highlights my mother looked forward to with Claire, was attending the Evenings of Recollection held at the Cenacle Retreat House, to which Claire took my mother with her to.  St. Clare is the patroness of our Antelope area Parish near the Sacramento / Placer Counties line, in West Roseville.  I applied to become the founding pastor of the parish, which went to my more experienced and deserving colleague and close friend, Rev. Fr. Benedict DeLeon.  Currently, Rev. Fr. Steven Foppiano, is the Pastor of St. Clare's and doing a truly great job of ministering to the People of God, in that West Roseville / Antelope, Community of Believers.  That's all in this day for me on this St. Clare's Day 2011.  May The Catholic-Christian Charity And Concern Put Forth By St. Clare And The Poor Clares Flow In Selfless Disciples Of Jesus The Lord,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive