Wednesday, August 24, 2011

30 YEARS AGO TODAY - ST. BARTHOLOMEW'S DAY, I MET ONE OF THE MOST SPIRITUAL PRIESTS I HAVE EVER KNOWN...........

Arriving midday in the Kilkenny train station on Monday August 24, 1981, the first train I had ever taken, at age 24, I walked off the train and down the path toward the station.  In the nearing distance I saw a man wearing a clerical collar emerging toward me.  He was youthful, and wearing a grey shirt and coat. As we neared each other smiling, he said, "Are you Troy Powers ?"  I answered, "Yes".  He responded, "I am Father Dan Bollard, here to take you to St. Kieran's College".  Reverend Father Daniel Bollard is a native Kilkennyman, and priest of the Diocese of Ossory.  Ordained a priest on June 11, 1972, Father Dan was Spiritual Director in St. Kieran's Seminary from 1978 - 1992.  A truly spiritual man, as I have known  him the past thirty years, I have experienced, as have countless others, his stellar spirituality.  To me, Dan is the epitome of  a well rounded Catholic-Christian disciple, and priest of Jesus Christ.  I will blog more about this wonderful man and the insights into faith and Irish life, his friendship have garnered me.  Now it is time to take the hotel to the Mayo Clinic Hospital for a Biopsy, Ultra Sound, and start of a 24 hour Blood Pressure Monitoring, connection...........Slan,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive