Monday, August 1, 2011

ANSWERING THE NEEDS BEFORE US IN THE GENEROUS SPIRIT OF DISCIPLESHIP AND STEWARDSHIP...........

For all the downside and frustration of soliciting volunteers in my current rehab convalescence, to minimal response from my circle, there is a bright side in the simple generosity of unexpected persons, who say yes to meeting the need I have put before them.  That is the truth of tonight's antibiotic infusion therapy volunteers, Patty and Jack Pennington's sister Ruby, and her husband, Bill Shepherd.  Following in the footsteps of Jack and Patty, who have been assisting me with this therapy since I returned to the parish, on July 6th - Bill and Ruby's willingness to provide for facilitating some of my continuing sessions, is not only an act of personal generosity, but Living Faith in Action, that Catholics are meant to carry out in Christian Discipleship and Stewardship.  If every Catholic-Christian seriously subscribed to practicing the Faith they profess, I and others, who are in need of volunteers to address the unique and essential needs with which are confronted and unable to provide for;  would have a surplus of persons to cover all our needs.  In other words, "Many hands, make little Work".  So for the small group of parishioners and personal friends, who have, and are, responding to helping me with my ongoing antibiotic infusion therapy treatments, I express my heartfelt gratitude, and the assurance of prayers and Masses, in thanksgiving for your unconditional and generous spirit of being faithful witnesses of discipleship and stewardship.  May they be a reminder to the rest of you in my circle, that, "Nothing is impossible with God",  and you too can do this, or even something else, for someone else, instead of  ignoring the opportunity to serve the essential need of someone you know, and who reach out to their circle of friends and community members, to assist them in this, or other needs..........."Let Us Pray For One Another", That Your Selflessness Of Generosity And Responsiveness Will Prevail,   Fr.  Troy

>>>I STILL STAND IN NEED THIS WEEK OF VOLUNTEERS TO HELP ME WITH MY ANTIBIOTIC INFUSION THERAPY TREATMENTS  ON  F 8-5  8PM;   SA 8-6  10AM  & 8PM;
                                                                                             SU 8-7  8PM
CAN YOU ? WILL YOU ??  HELP ME ??  WHY NOT ??                      

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive