Friday, August 12, 2011

ERIKA RANSOM RETURNS TO DO MY FRIDAY NIGHT INFUSION TREATMENT...........

 Erika Ransom, my former parishioner and infusion therapy volunteer agreed to come tonight Friday, and has volunteered for both Saturday and Sunday night, to cover my weekend 8 pm treatments.  With only a total of 14 willing volunteers, to cover 14 treatments a week; and Fr. Pius being only the back-up, no-show, volunteer - making it actually only 13 volunteers, makes for a scramble, especially on the weekends.  As I have said numerous times the past six weeks, this is a simple and straightforward procedure, it is highly surprising there are not 114 volunteers plus, willing to do the connecting and disconnecting with me.  But go figure.  We live in an ever increasing, self absorbed , and less caring world; something as a Catholic-Christian believer and priest of Jesus Christ, I ever thought would be true of our own people.  Each day, and week, at the same time over the past two to seven months, these 14 persons and a small group of others in my circle, have affirmed their care, affection, respect, and appreciation personally and priestly, by their willingness to do more, not less to assist me with my current challenges.  Were it not for them, I would be residing semi-permanently in rehabilitation convalescence hospital care, off the job, and but so much less productive than I have the ability to continue being.  Unless God, has radically different plans for me, I have every intention of, "Pushing Forward", the next decade or more, to carry out the priestly pastoral, ministry I was called and ordained to fulfill.  How many people will be as intimate and important part of that is likely to lessen, as if in my current urgent need, I can only depend on two dozen or less persons, to be here unconditionally, I am not going to be gullible and believe, greater numbers are going to be there when I need them in the future.  It is ironic, my vocation is all about serving God, by serving others, regardless; yet when the need is reversed, far too few feel or reciprocate accordingly.  So Be It.  As the popular proverb proclaims, "Where There Is A Will, There Is A Way".  I have the Will, and I Will find the Way, to make the remaining number of antibiotic infusion treatments, rides to appointments, and any other needs happen, despite the diversion of time it takes, for I must, and I shall meet my obligations, to adequately and unfailingly meet my medical conditions...........Ever Greater Numbers Are Reading - Now If Only Increasing Numbers Will Respond To My Requests,   Fr.  Troy

The Antibiotic Infusion Therapy Volunteers Slots, I presently still need to fill are :

SU 8-14 10am  TU 8-16 8pm  W  8-17 9am  TH 8-18 8pm  SA 8-20 10am and 8pm  SU 8-21 10am and              
                                                                                                                                                8pm

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive