Tuesday, August 30, 2011

PHONES, BULLETIN PREP, DESK WORK, DROP INS, AND EVENING MEETING PREP, FILL MY DAY...........

In the opening months of my pastorate of OLOL last summer, I was able to compose my weekly Sunday Bulletin copy on Tuesdays between 9-11 a.m.,in time for the Secretary's arrival in the Parish Office, and our transmission of the Bulletin to JS Paluch, by 1 p.m.  This year, since my return from being in the hospital and rehab in March, that window of opportunity and completion each week has had to be extended, as parishioner needs and requests have substantially increased.  Today has been no exception, with phones ringing between 8 -11 a.m., to my answering until Frances, the Parish Secretary arrived; necessary administrative and pastoral desk work  needing to be dealt with today; a couple of drop ins appointments dealing with maintenance and RCIA; and my preparation for this evening's Parish Parking Lot Sale Coordinating Committee meeting; have all vied with my need to meet the Bulletin copy,  deadline.  I had my copy in the Secretary's hands for formatting and transmitting at 2 p.m., so that it can be sent by the end of the work day.  And I wrote the major portion of my Sunday Bulletin last night, before and after, the Parish Finance Council meeting.  I share this, not in the form of a complaint, but to indicate the vital ministry as a parish priest and Pastor, I am doing, as the popular phrase of old goes, "happy as a clam", to be doing it.  This is why I am a Priest of Jesus Christ, and especially a diocesan priest assigned to parish ministry.  For I remain, despite my personal physical health challenges, committed to serving and leading the People of God entrusted to my pastoral care, by the Bishop of the Sacramento Diocese.  Another day in Year 25 of my priestly ministry as a native born, locally grown, vocation.  The 40th Sacramento Diocesan vocation to be ordained a priest, since the erection of the Diocese of Sacramento, on May 28, 1886...........Alleluia !!! Amen !!! ,   Fr.  Troy
                                    4:44 p.m. - The wife and daughter of parishioner Virl Dunn, who passed away Monday, following a heart valve surgery, came by just after 4 p.m., to discuss his funeral arrangements...........


No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive