Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WEDNESDAY OF HOLY WEEK AND AN APPOINTMENT WITH DR. COOKSON............

Wednesday of Holy Week today, which is the first Wednesday of April is usually the day of the month when Bishop Quinn and the priests residing at MMT, meet together for an hour or so of sharing and fraternity.  However, we will not be meeting until next week, due to a change in Bishop Quinn's schedule today.  He kindly came up and knocked at my door last night to inform me of the shift in meeting date.  Having received no response to my Monday blog announcement seeking a driver to my appointment with Dr. Cookson this afternoon, I will take a taxi at 12:45 p.m., to get there in time for the 1:30 p.m. appointment.  Given the prescription for my permanent prosthetic leg is the reason for today's appointment and as my team of doctors and physical therapist are beyond the transportation radius provided by MMT, until I am able to drive again, arranging rides, or taking taxis to my medical appointments will be necessary.  Time to go to the nurses station for my a.m. blood glucose check and then downstairs to breakfast as another day begins at my involuntary, indefinitely, temporary residence in this assisted living retirement community as an unretired priest............Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive