Sunday, April 8, 2012

EASTER SUNDAY COFFEE DOWN THE STREET WITH JOE AND RUTH............

Easter Sunday breakfast at MMT was limited to muffins, oatmeal/cold cereal, juice, milk, and coffee, no hot food, because of the Brunch.  I had breakfast, but passed on the brunch, being a single in a sea of residents with family member guests, and choosing instead to accept an invitation from Joe Gibson and Ruth Rosenberg, at the conclusion of their morning walk, to join them for coffee at Peet's up the street.  The buzz of the morning has been the Sacramento Bee story this morning on Bishop Quinn's continuing ministry here at MMT, which I am a part of, because of his request to have administer me the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick to him on Holy Thursday, which I did in the presence of Fathers Jack Folmer and Steve Avella, and Randy Pench, a Sacramento Bee photographer, whose presence came as a surprise to me !  It is very thoughtful of Bishop Quinn to have included me in this story of his ongoing senior ministry.  As I await Easter Sunday Dinner and then taking a taxi to South Sacramento to concelebrate the 7:30 pm Mass with Msgr. Kavanagh, I am spending a quiet afternoon in my quarters, making further preparations for my Silver Jubilee 25th Anniversary celebration on May 2nd............Happy Easter Sunday To Everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!............Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive