Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A MEETING THIS MORNING WITH BISHOP SOTO............

At my request Bishop Soto agreed to meet with me this morning to discuss my current situation and status.  It looks like for the time being I will be residing here at Mercy McMahon Terrace assisted living retirement community, although on medical leave, not retired; nor planning to anytime in the forseeable future.  The Bishop is asking me to resign as Pastor of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, and will consider returning me to parish ministry, when he and his office decide my health has stabilized to his satisfaction.  My faculties to celebrate Mass, Sacraments, et al; remain intact; thus I am able to preside, preach, and participate, presently and for the six months or longer it will take to be reassigned to a parish, as invited by pastors / priests, and ministries to do so, and as transportation and accessibility allow me to;  with my ability to drive, stand, and walk, with my prostheses being the criteria, as of now for my return to fulltime active ministry in parish life...........Praying for the Patience, Perseverance, and God's Healing Grace, to Endure this Involuntary Exile,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive