Tuesday, April 10, 2012

LIFE IN A FACILITY LIKE THIS MEANS A LACK OF PRIVACY............

One of the other residents of MMT, who returned here was asked in the dining room this morning if he has settled in yet, after several days back.  His response was, "Not yet".  Not yet, if ever, is my own response to that question for a number of reasons.  One of the most grievous to me is the lack of privacy being in an assisted living, retirement community, facility like this requires enduring.  Even in my own quarters staff are constantly at the door knocking, or using their keys to come in, throughout the day and night, including once or twice between the hours of 11 p.m. and 7 a.m., seven days a week.  I am fully capable of looking after myself and have been the past four weeks, without requiring or requesting assistance to function physically in my room and in transporting myself to the nurses station down the hall, the dining room downstairs, or to get myself to and from the entrance of the building, when visitors, or appointments outside the facility require me to.  And yet being prematurely treated as though I am a person much older than I am, my privacy, my prerogatives, my right to live as independently, and free from being incessantly monitored, is being abridged, because this is where I am indefinitely made to be.  Doing everything possible to resume my vocational responsibilities in the parochial communities of parish life, I pray this too will pass, sooner than later, please God............Seeking to excelerate the reality of the New and Risen Life of Jesus The Christ,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive