Monday, April 23, 2012

WALKING TALL AND INDEPENDENTLY WITH THE MODERATE ASSISTANCE OF MY ORTHOPEDIC CANE............

In the past few minutes taking the orthopedic cane in hand, I have successfully stood from a seated position, and walked forward fully about my quarters with only moderate assistance from the cane and taking several steps with balance and stability independently, successfully moving with my prosthetic leg.  This accomplishment coming six weeks after my release from Rehab, and with no physical therapy since March 8th, so done under my own daily efforts.  The same progress I would be making in the rectory were I there instead of here.  With my jubilee visitors from Kilkenny arriving this Thursday, the timing of my progress will make it an even more enjoyable and reinvigorating two weeks sharing and celebrating with them and the circle of friends and parishioners who have been the reason and the focus of these past twenty five years of priestly ministry.  I again extend an invitation to the parishioners in Citrus Heights, Folsom, Woodland, Yreka, Oroville, South Sacramento, Arden, Arden / Arcade, and Del Paso Heights / Rio Linda / Elverta / Robla, to join me for my Silver Jubilee 25th Anniversary Concelebrated Mass of Thanksgiving on Wednesday May 2, 2012, at 6 pm in St. Rose's Church, 5961 Franklin Boulevard, in South Sacramento.  To all of you with whom I have ministered to and with; and who have stood in solidarity with me during this current situation and previous health challenges over the past ten years, I express my gratitude for your constant prayers, unconditional support, and encouragement.  Looking forward to seeing you there a week from Wednesday............Prayers + Peace in Jesus the Redeemer and Good Shepherd,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive