Monday, April 2, 2012

HOLY WEEK DINNER, PENANCE SERVICE AND CONFESSIONS @ SACRED HEART CHURCH............

Having spent four hours this morning and early afternoon at St. Rose's Church and St. Mary's Cemetery, for the Funeral Mass and Burial of Msgr. Gerard Schons, I hve just returned from three hours across the street at Sacred Heart Church, for dinner with Msgr. Walton and Fr. Vincent Juan, Fr. Jason Clark, L.C., and seminarian Rene, followed by the Parish Holy Week Penance Service and Individual Confessions.  I am grateful for the fraternal invitation to assist, and heard a dozen Confessions tonight.  Sacred Heart parishioner and my former fellow Diocesan School Board member Marti, also came up and offered to assist me on Thursday evening in going over to Sacred Heart Church for the Holy Thursday Mass of the Lord's Supper, which I eagerly agrecd to do, and look forward to being present for.  I have learned within the past hour that Fr. Benedict DeLeon's mother has passed away, for which my prayers for her soul and fraternal solicitude for Fr. Ben and his family go out in solidarity and support......Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive