Saturday, April 7, 2012

VERIFYING MY MEDICATIONS ARE ACCURATELY ADMINISTERED............

Four times in the past four weeks, I have had to question the improper dose of my kidney transplant anti rejection drug being provided to me due to confusion on the nurses part as to how many miligrams the capsules in my prescription bottles are.  Other than the nine days I spent in Bruceville Terrace last year, where for nine days they failed to give me all my proper medications, until now administering them and taking them daily on my own, I have had no problem taking all my medications in their proper dosage at the scheduled times.  From the outset of my diabetes ten years ago, through all my subsequent health challenges, thanks to Mary Ann Pujals, the retired registered nurse who was my parishioner at Holy Family Church in Citrus Heights and who served as my original nurse during my initial rehabilitation and convalescence and first secondary infection, from 2002-2004; I was proficiently trained to monitor and administer all my medications to myself, without difficulty.  Now however, despite retaining the ability to  handle my meds and insulins myself - because I have been placed in a facility where it is controlled and monitored, errors such as I have already experienced here are occurring.  Furthermore, during the unevenness of transitioning from being in a parish rectory into an assisted living, retirement community, where I am neither requiring assistance, nor retired; questions about prescription refills are bounced back to me, though I do not retain personal possession   or access to the prescriptrions myself.  The refills for the anti rejection drugs from the Mayo Clinic Speciality Pharmacy continue to be confirmed with me for delivery.  However, a problem with changing the delivery address to MMT, and not to OLOL rectory, has resulted in another delay in receiving my medication refills in a timely manner.  It seems the first order placed after my arrival was delivered to OLOL as before, and has not yet been brought to me here at MMT.  The nursing supervisor is working with me in attempting to get them delivered here from the parish today, a further frustration as well as potential endangerment for me,  that were I still in total control of my meds would not be occurring.  I can only  continue to pray for the patience and perseverance to stay on top of my care in proper order and strive to return to independently carrying out my responsibilities as a competent and capable person and priest, not having to surrender or compromise my prerogatives and privacy, as presently this involuntary exile is imposing upon me.  With prayers, empathy, and profound feelings, for all who endure similar and greater limits on your personal abilities...........Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive