Wednesday, April 4, 2012

SHIFTING PLANS AND PREPARATIONS FOR SILVER JUBILEE 2012 INTO HIGH GEAR............

Bobby, my taxi man of the past year, came to take me to my 1:30 p.m. appointment with Dr. Cookson, in his office on Sunrise Boulevard near Cirby Way in Roseville, my orthopedic surgeon and doctor for the past decade.  He is pleased with how well my stump looks and that the all but permanent prostheses is working out.  Dr. Cookson wrote me a therapy prescription for Mercy General Rehab, allowing me to resume physical therapy standing and walking with the prosthetic leg immediately, until such time as I am able to return to the auspices of Quinn McArthur, for ongoing and continuing physical therapy.  I am happy to have received a visit this morning from Marva and Charles Glover, and her sister Diane.  The Glovers are 51 year parishioners at OLOL, ani in addition to their delightful presence brought me a beautiful Easter Lily and Mass card.  Msgr. Kavanagh just stopped in for a chat, and after returning to MMT from Dr. Cookson's office, I also spoke to Msgr. Jim Church about celebrating my Silver Jubilee of Priesthood Mass of Thanksgiving at St. Rose's Church in South Sacramento, four weeks from tonight, Wednesday May 2, at 6 p.m.; the parish in which I was born, baptized, confirmed, and ministered as a boy and young man, as well as the parish community where my priestly vocation was fostered and developed; and the site twenty five years ago of presiding at my very First Mass of Thanksgiving as a Priest of Jesus Christ.  Given the involuntary upheaval and relocation I am enduring presently; celebrating this milestone in ordained ministry in my native parish, where my family were founding members 70 years ago, makes good sense and takes some of the sting out of the awkwardness current circumstances and requirements, are causing me in carrying out the priestly, parish, ministry that are at the heart of my vocation............Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive