Monday, November 1, 2010

ON THE EVE OF ELECTION 2010..........

In less than twenty four hours the voting will be completed and we will begin to know the outcome of the American midterm Election 2010.  I will be eagerly listening, watching, reading, talking, and blogging about it, tomorrow and into Wednesday morning, as I feed and fuel, my avocation and passion for politics, government, history, and the Presidency.  Much of the American populace is turned off and tuned out, even as millions others have voted by mail or in early voting, or will vote in person on Tuesday.  Some of the apathetic and non-voting may say, "Wake me when it's over".  I say and do, just the opposite.  Being an avid follower and analyst of all this, I am wired for sound and not likely to sleep after awakening tomorrow morning until mid morning Wednesday, as I track the election results.  The first totally concrete political memory I have as a child at age 6, is midterm Election Eve 1962.  I remember laying on the living room floor watching television while my parents viewed the campaign wrap-up speeches for Governor, by the then former Vice President of the United Richard Nixon, and the then first term Governor of California Edmund G. "Pat" Brown.  I  can still see in my mind's eye how parts of both speeches got an animated response of agreement and or disagreement from my father.  Who knows but that was a moment of fascination sown into my psyche concerning the political and governmental process.  In the two decades that followed I found myself increasingly intrigued and involved in politics, government, and the study in college of these subjects. And my interest over the past three decades has not abated, so that I can proudly declare it my avocation, rounding out and fulfilling me personally, as I live my life's vocation as a priest.  Some of the analysis and commentary I will do here with you Tuesday, Wednesday, and beyond, are the kind of conversations I have had on Election days and the days following them with my close friends.  It is exciting to be able to add this facet of current technology, blogging - to my sharing of Update Election 2010 with you, the loyal and growing number of my readers here in the United States and around the World............VOTE ! VOTE !! VOTE !!!..........Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive