Saturday, November 6, 2010

MINISTRY OR MAYO ? A NOVEMBER SATURDAY QUESTION..........

THIS IS, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS",  BLOG
 COLUMN NUMBER 500 !!!!!  THANK YOU TO ALL MY READERS AND FOLLOWERS IN THE UNITED STATES AND AROUND THE WORLD, FOR YOUR MORE THAN 4,500 VISITS TO MY BLOG TO DATE..........fr.tdp

During the two and a half years, and 371 dialysis treatments I underwent while awaiting my kidney transplant, one of the food stuffs was told I could have liberally, was mayonnaise. I like mayonnaise, so it was a regular ingredient in flavoring the limited foods due to potassium, my diet allowed me to eat.  This is not a blog column about mayonnaise, however, but about having to choose between fulfilling my Saturday parish ministries, or to attend a Mayo Clinic transplant reunion in Phoenix tonight.  The Mayo Clinic is a very thorough, follow through, medical institution.  And once you have been their patient, they never forget you and strive to keep patients and donors alike, in their Family circle .  Both Victor, my living donor and I,  were invited to a reunion of transplant recipients with the Transplant Team which they are hosting tonight, but Saturday ministries have both of us otherwise occupied in our respective parishes.  I very much wanted to go, but with not only Confessions and Mass between 4 -6 pm, but a Convalescent Center Mass at 10 am, a Baptism at 12 noon, a Meeting with the Parish Altar Servers at 2 pm, and completing my Sunday homily and Prayers of the Faithful, it wasn't possible.  And that is relatively light to the ministries Victor assists with in South Sacramento, from 8 am Mass this morning, to Baptisms, Weddings, Quinceaneras, and Funerals.  I really wanted to attend the reunion and see Dr. Moss, our surgeon and the other team members, but alas - in this very busy first week of November, it just was not possible.  Please God, Victor and I will be able to attend one together soon, and continue to celebrate and affirm, the new lease on life that the skills and care the Mayo Clinic Transplant Team provides me with, and that Victor made possible by his generous and selfless donation of one of his kidneys to me for the transplant..........In Gratitude For The Generosity Of So Many,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive