Thursday, November 4, 2010

54 !!!!!!!!!! CELEBRATING MY BIRTHDAY AS PASTOR OF OLOL..........

Thirty six years ago today on my 18th Birthday, as a freshman at Sacramento City College, I met and interviewed 36 year old, Jerry Brown at the Sacramento Executive Airport.  I t was the day before he was first elected Governor of California, and seeing an opportunity to speak with him, I jumped at the chance.  i asked him about the campaign and the Time Magazine Cover Story on him two weeks previous.  He was cordial and gracious in answering my questions.  Having an English 1A essay to write on a person I had recently met, I made him the topic of my essay and it got me my first A, in that class as the professor declared it A ++, for content and boldness.  Little would I have guessed that on this birthday, when my age has triple and his has doubled, that he would be Governor Elect again !!!!!!!!!!  It has been a FANTASTIC Day, full of ministry and also full of fun. Over four dozen family, parishioners, friends, fellow believers, and Facebook companions, contacted me with their Happy Birthday greetings, cards, gifts, breakfast, lunch, Portuguese sweet bread, roses, phone calls, e-mails, social network messages, and then a very nice Birthday dinner here at Our Lady of Lourdes, with Fr. Traynor, Msgrs. Kavanagh and Church, Victor and Tammy Herrera.  It  was a most enjoyable and affirming day, as my personal solemnity and new year of life begins.  To everyone who shared in my Birthday, here on my blog and everywhere, Thank You 30-60-100 Fold For Being Here For Me Now and Always..........Fr.  Troy David Powers

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive