Friday, November 5, 2010

A BIRTHDAY WITHOUT CAKE..........

As we finished my Birthday Dinner Thursday night, my Rectory Cook Esperanza, who had prepared a wonderful dinner of Chicken with vegetables and her homemade guacamole, served those who wanted it coffee, but no dessert.  Could it be a Birthday celebration without Cake ?  Well fortunately, I had some Peanut Butter cookis available, so I served them.  It seems we got our wires crossed.  I presumed she would provide the dessert, while she thought someone else would be giving me a birthday cake.  Still funnier, if only I had followed my gut feeling which is always 99.9 right, there would have been a birthday cake.  Driving past the supermarket on the way home from a birthday lunch at "La Rosa Blanca" Mexican Restaurant in midafternnon, the thought occurred to me that I might pop into the store and get a carrot cake.  But alas, I didn't thus the no birthday cake, birthday dinner.  It is the first time since I was 7 years old, that I don't remember having one, yet it does not seem to have diminished my birthday at all.  Except to think presume not, talk about it, know what's happening, and be prepared, lest there be no cake, no candles, no ice cream, to celebrate attaining another year of life with.........And who was it that said, "Let them eat Cake" ?..........Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive