Saturday, August 29, 2009

POST KIDNEY TRANSPLANT DAY 4.........REPORTING AFTERWARDS FOR THE FIRST TIME.........

Hello Everyone, from Day 4, after my kidney transplant in Phoenix. My big, vibrant, new kidney thanks to Victor, is functioning very well. I am voiding as much as nine pints a day of fluids and the anti-rejection drugs are showing no side effects, as of yet. My pain level is a 5 or below most of the time, thanks to laying down most of the time, although I am walking more, with a metallic cane, by doctor's orders- 10 minutes more each day. My entourage of donor and caregivers are here in the Hampton Inn, until Tuesday September 1, whenVictor and Tammy return to Sacramento, and we move into the vacation guest house I have rented through October 17. Curtis Richards was here from Washington, D.C., Monday-Thursday and was a great help to me and all of us. I have spent last night and today, watching the funeral rites for Senator Edward M. "Ted" Kennedy. It was very Irish-American and very Catholic...More Soon. Love. Prayers, + Gratitude,.........Father TROY DAVID POWERS "Transplant Troy"

2 comments:

Donna Ransom said...

I am so happy for your continued recovery! Fr. McDonough said his healing services at Mission Church. Ted Kennedy came to pray with Fr. McDonough for his daughter's cancer--this is why he was committed to that church.
We love and miss you and look forward to your return.

Anonymous said...

Father Troy... so good to hear you are doing well. We kept up a little bit through Father Ben, and now through your blog. The St. Thomas community has been praying for you as well.

Jackie and I are in New York, went to Mass at St. Patrick's this morning, where you were also in our prayers. We'll keep up on your recovery through the blog. We're so very happy for you.

Emmett and Jackie, Oroville

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive