Wednesday, August 19, 2009

FATHER TROY's TRANSPLANT JOURNAL.........#10...

With it just 6 days to my kidney transplant, today was a day for vital post transplant decisions. After days of discussion and consideration, Bishop Soto and I reached agreement about diocesan support for my post transplant expenses. He is fully aboard in wanting to assist me and getting me well again to resume my full time priestly ministry. Also today, I arranged with a Phoenix area realtor for a guest house rental for the six week convalescence where my caregivers and I will be staying, September 1 - October 17. We had hoped to stay at the Mayo Clinic's Transplant Village, but alas it is full and the best hotel arrangement would have cost as much, if not more than the guest house. I ended my work day by visiting my retired colleague and my Folsom Pastor during my 3.5 years as Associate Pastor of St. John the Baptist Parish, Father Bill Kinane. He is recuperating from a rotar cuff injiry in April, but as always his generous spirit and priestly fraternity are truly wonderful..."Schlaft in himmlischer ruh "......Sleep In Heavenly Peace.........Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive