Monday, August 17, 2009

FATHER TROY's TRANSPLANT JOURNAL.........#8

Day 8 of my countdown to my kidney transplant and another full day it was. Following my 6:30 a.m. Mass at Presentation, I spent the morning doing more of the tasks on my pre-departure foolscap pad. Then in the late afternoon I had a meeting at the Pastoral Center with Bishop Jaime Soto, a productive, hour long, discussion about my transplant needs. He seems to sincerely want to be of help, so I am hopeful I will have his and the Diocese's support. While waiting to see Bishop Soto, I chatted briefly with Bishop Weigand. Then I proceeded to my Pre-Transplant Thank You and Fare-thee-well Party at my 30 year friends, the Geach Family's son and daughter in-law, RODD & KARLA's Original Pete's Pizza Pasta Grill Restaurant at Elk Grove Blvd. & I-5. Friends and Parishioners of mine from all over the Sacramento area attended and the food and drink flowed abundantly as all present shared the gifts of themselves with me. My most special guest tonight was our very own beloved, Bishop Emeritus Francis Anthony Quinn, whom I was honored to have with us. Bishop Quinn personally recruited me as a priest for the Sacramento Diocese and is my ordaining bishop, May 2, 1987, in the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament, the Centennial Year of our Diocese. My grateful, heartfelt, and prayerful, THANKS to all who attended tonight's party from Presentation, St. Philomene's, in northeast Sacramento, St. Joseph's, Elk Grove, St. John the Baptist, Folsom, and St. Rose's, South Sacramento, Parishes. Also, to one of the teachers in my youth from Woodbine School, Mrs, Matsunaga. And of course, Roger, Karin, Rodd, Karla, Ryan, Josefina Geach and Kelli & Patrick Moran, and their children/grandchildren, for sponsoring the event. Thank you all for treasuring me, as I treaure all of you.........Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive