Tuesday, August 18, 2009

FATHER TROY's TRANSPLANT JOURNAL.........#9...

Since March 15, 2007, I have done 376 dialysis treatments, for the most part on Monday, Wednesday, Friday afternoons. This week, please God my last week of dialysis ever, I am doing the final three dialysis treatments on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, to accomodate my pre -transplant departure schedule of concerted activities battening down the hatches. At today's dialysis treatment the final blood draw was taken from me, as it was from Victor my donor, on Monday, to confirm that we are a perfect blood match for kidney transplant. Mine should have been done yesterday as well, but I moved Monday's dialysis to today, so as to see Bishop Soto and be on time for the Geach Family's Party for me. It was UPS expedited to Phoenix this afternoon. My transplant pre-op schedule for Monday at the Mayo Clinic has arrived. I will be tested and prepped by the transplant team from 7:35 A.M. -230 P.M., then return to my entourage at our hotel for a dinner before 7 p.m., as my pre transplant fasting begins then. The one concession to me is I can drink as much as I like with dinner, but no alcohol. Monday and Tuesday, also start out as days of fast for me.........Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive