Monday, August 24, 2009

LIVE FROM PHOENIX...#2, FATHER TROY'S & VICTOR'S TRANSPLANT EVE JOURNAL.........

My early out the hotel door with my twin sisters Alice and Alene to the Mayo Clinic Hospital for pre op testing and interviews from 7:35 a.m. to 1:45 p.m., went well. Starting with a fasting blood lab, followed by a EKG and Chest X-Ray readied me to meet one of the transplant team doctors, my nurse coordinator, and a social worker. We learned our hospital check-in time is 5:45 a.m., and that we are the first transplant surgery of the day at 7:30 a.m. My surgeon's name is Dr. Mulligan, a good ol' Irish name to be transplanting a Powers. The surgery will take 2-4 hours, so it should be completed by lunchtime in California;. Curtis Richards has arrived and will be joining us for a BBQ dinner at poolside here at our hotel tonight. Curtis, Alice and Alene, will be telephoning an extensive contacts list tomorrow afternoon and evening. I will not be taking calls or making them for several days of my early convalescence. Nor will I be e-mailing until I am stronger.........PEACE + PRAYERS to EVERYONE, TROY TRANSPLANT

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Troy,

Best wishes from all the McDaid's in Donegal. There are candles burning for you and your donor in St Eunan's Cathedral and in our homes. May God bless and keep you both in His care and guide the surgeons and nursing staff during the procedure. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Mary said...

Father Troy,
I'll be praying for you tomorrow morning at mass. Hope all goes well and I look forward to reading your blog as you get stronger. God Bless. Mary Carson

Donna Ransom said...

My family members and I are praying for you. The comment already posted caused me to look at my book--Prayers of the Gail. The first prayer verse Four reads--
"I rise to-day
The strength of the Seven Heavens with me,
The radiance of the sun with me,
The brightness of the moon with me,
The splendour of fire with me,
The might of the lightning with me,
On all I see and on all I undertake,
From the time I arise in the morning
Till I go to sleep at night."

Anonymous said...

Troy,

We are wishing you a speedy recovery and many many years of health and happiness with your very special gift!

We hope to see you as sea!

Love The Simpsons
Sean, Callie & Wyatt

along with...
Lucy & Allan Simpson
Joyce & Alan Tompkins

Addie-Marie Forchette said...

Anxiously awaiting an update...you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Best wishes... Also, Kim and Brian send their love! Addie-Marie

Unknown said...

ADDIE MARIE,
I AM PROGRESSING WELL, EXCEPT FOR A URINARY TRACT INFECTION, GIVEN MY SUPPRESSED IMMUNE SYSTEM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. AND TELL BRIAN AND KIM I APPRECIATE THEIR LOVE........HOW IS BRIAN DOING ? TROY

Unknown said...

SEAN, CALLIE, WYATT, LUCY, ALLAN, JOYCE, ALAN,

Thank YOU FOR YOUR THOUGHFUL WORDS AND PRAYERFUL REMEMBRANCE ON MY KIDNEY TRANSPLANT DAY. I AM PROGRESSING WELL, SO THAT THEY RELEASED ME FROM THE MAYO CLINIC HOSPITAL IN THREE DAYS. A WEEK AT MY RENTED HOUSE WENT WELL, UNTIL I WAS FELLED LAST FRIDAY WITH A URINARY TRACT INFECTION. THANK GOODNESS IT IS NOT ANY FORM OF REJECTION. THE DOCTORS HAVE DISCOVERED THE PARTICULAR BACTERIA IN MY BLOOD SO AS TO KNOCK IT OUT WITHY A SPECIFIC ANTIBIOTIC. HOW HAVE ALL OF YOU BEEN SINCE OUR ALASKA CRUISE ? MORE SOON. LOVE + PRAYERS, TROY

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive