Friday, August 7, 2009

NORTH FROM ALASKA.........Part 4.........

Day 7, the last full day of my Alaska cruise with Fr. Ben at sea, as we head back to our final docking in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Grateful thanks from both of us to Karin and Roger Geach, for their gift of a truly wonderful dinner last night in the Portofino Restaurant aboard ship. It was an exquisite two and a half hour culinary experience. Tonight I look forward to our final night's dinner with our week long dinnner companions, Sean and Kaley, a young, 3 years married couple who are on their first cruise and hosting his parents and uncle and aunt as well. They are all Canadians. Sean works in Oil Sands development in Calgary, his parents live in Montreal, and his uncle and wife are from Toronto. A South African couple has also been at table with us this week. This cruise has been equally enjoyable as our 2005 Greek Isles cruise. Has me thinking about future cruises, to perhaps the Baltic, the Caribbean, or Brazil and South America. Thank you for sharing in this week's adventure. I do another dialysis treatment in Vancouver Saturday morning, then flight home to Sacramento, and will return for Sunday's 2nd annual Blood Donor Day at Presentation Parish, which will be taken up for my use if necessary, in conjunction with my approaching kidney transplant. In advance, THANK YOU PRESENTATION PARISHIONERS. See you Sunday........Fr. Troy David Powers

1 comment:

Donna Ransom said...

I wish your cruise had made a stop in Ketchikan where my brother Mike Cruise lives. He has been a forest ranger in Alaska for over 30 years but is now retired to his homesteaded idland in the narrows near Ketchikan. I love visiting, but I found Alaska too rugged and isolated in most areas for me--it is a little like going back in time when you go off the beaten path. Last time I was there I had an encounter with several porcipines and moose and saw an Alaskan brown bear moseying down the street outside the Air Force Base in Anchorage.

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive