Saturday, August 22, 2009

FATHER TROY'S PRE-TRANSPLANT JOURNAL.........#13...

T Minus 2 days and 9 hours until my long awaited kidney transplant in Phoenix at the Mayo Clinic Arizona Hospital. Beyond the assurance of others prayers, the most asked question I am getting is, Father, are You nervous ? I answer honestly, I feel excited and nervous, but confident and believing God is not about to abandon me. I also believe in the stellar medical staff and health services provided by the Mayo Clinic. I know we are in very good hands, my donor and I. Today, after completing my last dialysis treatment, I met Bishop Emeritus Francis Quinn at Mercy McMahon and then headed out to Franklin Blvd., to check in with Msgr. Kavanagh. I ended up concelebrating with, and presiding at St. Rose's 5 p.m. Mass with him. As my fare thee well visit with them. Tonight my packing begins, less clothes than sweats, shorts, tees, and pajamas, with a handful of shirts and pants. Some twenty books, my laptop, ipod, and radio, as well.
Thank you for your prayers and support. The next pre transplant journal entry will come from Phoenix tomorrow night. God's Peace be with you one and all.........Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive