Friday, August 21, 2009

FATHER TROY's TRANSPLANT JOURNAL.........#12...

Day 12 of the pre transplant journaling with just 5 days to my kidney transplant at the Mayo Clinic Arizona in Phoenix, has been a multifaceted day. After bundling up personal papers and storing them safely away, I went to the bank and drew on my transplant account the rental cashier checks for my convalescence-caregiving house in Phoenix from September 1-October 17. I was also interviewed by reporter Denise MacLaclan, of the Catholic Herald diocesan newspaper, for a story in their next editions. I put together phone contact lists for my caregivers to call with the first progress reports following my transplant.
Then I went out to South Sacramento to visit and luncheon with my chilhood pastor, priestly mentor and spiritual second father, Msgr. Edward J. Kavanagh. He is progressing nicely from a broken hip nearly six weeks ago. The therapist who worked with him today was hopeful he is improving in gaining back his ability to walk well. I saw my primary caregiver Jeremy Lipp, at La Rosa Blanca and dined with parishiners out celebrating a family birthday. My excitement is being joined by nervousness, but the power of prayer and confidence in my transplant team, has me feeling ready and able to get this kidney transplant and to be returned to full time priestly ministry, just months from now.........Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive