Sunday, August 30, 2009

FATHER TROY's TRANSPLANT JOURNAL...DAY 2 OUT OF THE HOSPITAL.........

It is Day 5, post transplant and my convalescence proceeds with some pain, but not as much as I was expecting. I am interspersing extra strength tylenol into the mix during the day and taking the percocet prescription only overnight, as of today. This is recommended by my Mayo Clinic Transplant Coordinator. I am still mostly resting and urinating, but took a brief walk earlier and will walk about again later. My sister Alice, will be bringing me Holy Communion from St. Bernadette's Church in about a half hour, before my evening anti rejection drugs, insulin, and dinner. It has been a relatively good day, made better by 2 phone calls. My Indianapolis seminary classmate, Father Dan Donohoo, called to check up on me and Father Oliver Maher held a Walk Down Memory Lane Dinner Party at the Cathedral presbytery in Kilkenny, tonight with our usual suspects, and I spoke with those present, Oliver, Brigid Mullins, Ger and; Kev Butler, Dr. Fr. Dermot Ryan, and Father Dan Bollard. What a joy it was to chat with them on this other side of my kidney transplant. Tomorrow brings my first return visit to the Mayo Clinic for fasting labs and tests at 7 a.m. More Soon. Love, Prayers, + Gratitude,.........Fr. Troy

3 comments:

David McAfee said...

Glad to hear you are doing so well, the Men's club needs to know what coverge you will need. Things were going so slowly, then all of a sudden, bang, it happens. Could you let me know the days of the coverage needed.
Dave

Unknown said...

DAVE, ALL THE WEEKENDS OF SEPTEMBER AND THE FIRST 2 WEEKENDS OF OCTOBER, SEPT. 5 & 6,THRU OCT. 10 & 11. THANKS DAVE. MY FIRST 6 POST TRANSPLANT DAYS HAVE GONE VERY WELL. WE MOVE INTO THE VACATION GUEST HOUSE TOMORROW. 2610 TRAPANOTTO ROAD, PHOENIX, ARIZONA 85086

David McAfee said...

Okay, will get the word out.

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive