Wednesday, August 12, 2009

FATHER TROY's TRANSPLANT JOURNAL.........#3...

Day 3 of my Transplant Journal and a very active day it has been. I slept the most solidly last night I have in weeks, feeling a sense of relief my BIG day is finally set for kidney transplant, Aug. 25, in Phoenix. Both of my twins sisters, Alice & Alene, will be joining my friend and La Rosa Blanca younger son and waiter, Jeremy Lipp, as my 24 / 7 primary caregivers, Monday-Friday in Phoenix, post transplant. Now that we are unable to reside at the new Mayo Clinic Transplant Village, due to high demand and a lengthy waiting list, we will either be in a hotel or a guest house, whichever is most economical and true to my fiscal conservative self. I had my penultimate dental appointment for transplant certification with Dr. Jerry Ortner, DDS, this morning, with one more Friday. Why this is essential is my teeth must be in perfect order before transplant to avoid the frontline of post transplant infections, the mouth and teeth. A coterie of Presentation parishioners picked me up after dialysis to bring me home and took me out to a turkey dinner. (my lifelong favorite) Upon returning to the rectory I went over to the parish Nano Nagle center, for a brief visit to the Life Teen parents meeting presided over by our by our newlywed Youth Minister Brennen Cull.........Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive