Monday, January 31, 2011

A FULL AND THOROUGH 4TH DAY OF REHABILITATION THERAPIES...........

Two of my nurses gave me an invigorating thorough shower in a shower chair at 9 pm last night, so that after breakfast in the Dining Room, I was ready to shift into gear for four PT, OT, and Recreational Therapy sessions before 8;30 am - 12 Noon, followed by a one hour PT Wheelchair Skills session, teamed with another Rehab patient, learning to operate, park, position, and be independently, as much of the wheelchair as possible. t I sat up for five hours straight again and then after only forty minutes back in bed following lunch, I was in the wheelchair again for nearly 2 hours more. My nurse and I have decided, having just received my latest pain medication dose that I will eat my dinner in bed, as my bed is tired from the day's therapies and 7 hours of sitting up, and I want to keep my lower left back infection pain minimalized, so as to be best prepared for tomorrow. A hamburger, with plain pasta, applesauce, strawberry gelatin, and decaf coffee, were dinner, after watching delivery and news analysis of Governor Brown's State Of The State Address; and now before nodding off CNN's Egyptian Uprising coverage, then prayers and sleep. I conversed by phone with Msgr. Ed Kavanagh and Fr. Steve Avella, and had visits from Fr, Tony Traynor, Fermo, a former parishioner, and Ctherine Campisi and Ralph Black...........Tired For All The Right Reasons Tonight, Fr. Troy

1 comment:

Meg said...

Hi Fr. Powers- I heard about your amputation thru a prayer chain email. You don't remember me, but you officiated at my wedding almost 22 years ago! (Our anniversary is this Friday, Feb 4) We were married at St. John the Baptist in Folsom and I think we were one of your very earliest weddings after your ordination. I just wanted to let you know that we are still very happily married with 3 almost grown children (20, 18 and 17). Your gentle Christ-centered nature left a positive impression on my husband and he recalls your part in blessing our marriage with fondness. My husband is not Catholic and I was a non-practicing cultural Catholic at that time. I consider myself one of the many "reverts" of my generation and am so grateful that God's mercy and grace pursued me until He got my full attention. I actually teach a Catholicism 101 class at St. John's...this is my 4th year. It was on my heart to provide something to adults...something that was missing in my life. With all of the resources available today, I can plant the seed and then point them in the direction of materials that will help them to learn their faith in order to pass it on to their children...information for transformation I like to say.
I'm glad I found this blog so I can follow your progress. Know that you are in my prayers (as well as many others). I will pray for your continued optimistic and encouraged attitude. God Bless You!
In Christ,
Meg (and Stan) Salva

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive