Tuesday, January 4, 2011

ANOTHER QUIET AND REST FILLED DAY...........

As the second Tuesday of this Christmas Season winds down, and more than two days of my Christmas days off are spent, I think to flying tomorrow to Dallas / Fort Worth, American Airlines major national hub, for the Funeral Memorial Service for my Sacramento State University fellow student, Student Senator, ASI Board Chairman, and Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity Brother, Captain Brian Charles Welch.  I intentionally kept today quiet and restful, knowing the next two days will be tough, even after nearly a decade of preparation, to say goodbye to a dear friend and good man, at only 50 years old.  I will speak near the conclusion of the Service, after the other chosen speakers.  After five and a half years of contemplating it, I pray my words will be sufficient to remembering and celebrating Brian and strengthening and sustaining his wife Kim, children Nicola, and Dylan, and all his loved ones.  More tomorrow night after I have arrived in their hometown of Colleyville, and joined Curtis Richards, who is flying there tomorrow, from Washington, D.C. ...........Christmas-New Year's Peace And Prayers,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive