Sunday, January 2, 2011

BATTENING DOWN THE HATCHES FOR A 120 HOURS RESPITE...........

Attempting to batten down the hatches before departing the parish for a few earned days off, is not as simple as it may sound.  In addition to doing what a conscientious priest and pastor does to leave things in functioning order, even for as little as 5 days, the moment others learn of Father's pending short agenda, they come out of the woodwork with further requests.  In just the past half hour I have three such inquiries at the front door of the rectory, about things I cannot assist them with today.  All while trying to heat and eat my lunch, pack my clothes and belongings, extra given my two day journey to Dallas for Brian Welch's funeral memorial service, and preparing in less than ninety minutes to write and finish the Sunday January 9th Bulletin.  Arriving at my Christmas days off location in Roseville within the 3 o'clock hour, I will simply collapse into bed for a long, leisurely, NAP !!!!!!!!!!!  Luckily, lunch was easy to prepare, as the last of Thursday night's leftovers were awaiting me.  All this in addition to the 2 Christmas-Epiphany Sunday Masses, after which I usually deflate for a few hours.....207 persons were present at the 10:30 am Mass here at OLOL today, for a total of 323 parishioners at the 2 Masses; 115 more people than last Sunday.  A nice recovery, and very good start to the first Sunday of the Year of Our Lord 2011.  The wet and rainy day it is, for the sixth Sunday since October, makes it a great day to be indoors.  So its time to write bulletin copy for next week and get ready to make my 120 hour exit to rest, relax, re-group, and recreate, enough for the pastoral ministry and administration awaiting me upon return...........May The Light Of The Nations, Jesus Christ, Lord, Savior, Reddemer, Messiah, Illuminate Your Christmas-Epiphany Experiences On The 9th Day Of Christmas,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive