Tuesday, January 25, 2011

DAY TWO POST AMPUTATION - MAINTAINING THE LOW PAIN AS I KEEP MY LEG STRAIGHT..........

After completing my breakfast, I telephoned Bishop Soto, to inform him of my first thrty six hours of post right foot amputation care is going. My Orthpodecic Surgeon, Dr. James Cookson, arrived in the hospital immediately thereafter, to see me. After a fruitful first post amputation meeting with Dr. Cooksen, in which he said my body's blood white cell count is down, except in regards to the back infection, and that I should fully cooperate with the physical therapists in getting out and into bed, and moving my body about, especially my ampututated right foot / leg, his one request of me today, that I keep the amputation straight in bed. I was up out of bed for two hours, through the eating my dieabetic lunch. Shortly, after returning to bed, with help of the physical therapist, who discovered the left leg was of no help whatsoever, due to my birthate defect and lifelong left side weakness; I dozed off for a few minutes, to awake with Msgr. Bob Walton and Sacred Heart Parish RCIA Director Rita Spillane. Msgr. Bob learned yesterday from Sacred Heart parishioners of my right foot amputation. So he and Rita, came to pray, visit, and bring me Holy Communion. As Msgr. Bob was finishing giving me Communion, Msgr. Ed Kavanagh arrived to pray with and have an extended visit with me. I bid Bob and Rita farewell, and returned to praying and conversing with Kavanagh Victor joined us more than a half into our converation and they moved on their way in about three quarters of an hour, at 2:30 pm. For a then mostly quiet afternoon, until dinner, and then only a telephone conversation with Joe Gibson and last night of the day phone talk with Curtis Richards..........To A Day Tryng To Keep My Newly Amputated Foot Straight, For Which I Self Grade Myself A Solid, "B", Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive