Friday, January 7, 2011

AFTER 5 DAYS OFF FROM OLOL REVEREND FATHER's RETURN FROM DALLAS IS A MOST REVEREND FLIGHT..........

An early and active morning it was at our Colleyville, Texas hotel, breakfasting, packing, taxing, to the DFW Airport, only to get on the American Airlines plane, and as I began going down the aisle, to hear a  familiar voice greet me, "Hello Troy".  I looked down at the seat of the person who called out and who was it, but - Bishop Jaime Soto !!!!!!!!!!!  I stopped and greeted him, and having heard me paged in the terminal he said, "I wondered if there could be another Troy Powers in Texas" !!!   Small world.  Kim Welch's sister Kelly, who lives in Rocklin, told me last night she and her six year old daughter, were on the same flight with me to Dallas on Wednesday.  Curtis Richards and I, had a great reunion visit last night with Addie Marie Forchette, who we met five and a half years ago, on our Joe, Curtis, Troy, joint visit to the Welches, and when she and her family were still their next door neighbors.  The Forchette Family now live in Walnut Creek, California, where her husband's business promoted and transferred him to, three and a half years ago.  I returned to OLOL at 2:45 pm this afternoon and celebrated the 7 pm First Friday Mass and Benediction, following our 6 pm Holy Hour.  I called Joe Gibson earlier and shared with him how Brian's Funeral Memorial Service was, as I know he was disappointed that his professional responsibilities kept him from being there with us.  Joe is the primary organizer / coordinator, of Brian's Spring Memorial Service in Lincoln.  An intensive, impactful, impressive, two days it has been - mourning the passing, but more importantly celebratring the life, of this brave, strong, courageous, valiant, and ever so ordered and organized man, husband, father, brother, pilot, friend, fraternity brother, colleague, loved one...........Eternal Rest God Grant Unto You Brian Charles Welch - And May Perpetual Light Shine Upon You Forever,  In ZAX,   Troy   Phi Pi 2...........  

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive