Saturday, January 29, 2011

SUTTER REHAB EVALUATION AND OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY IN THE MORNING; PHYSICAL THERAPY THIS AFTERNOON..........

This second day of Rehab at Sutter Roseville has been an active day. My nurses awoke me at 5:20 am to change my scrubs and wash up. Just after 8 am, they shift boarded out of bed into the wheelchair to the Rehab Dining Room for breakfast wirth rest of the Rehab patients, followed immediateky by my Occupational Yhereapy session, which today was about pulling up and pulling down my pants independently from a seated position in the wheelchair. I struggled and succeeded in doing so in 6 minutes, although it felt like it took at least 30 minutes. I spoke with Farher Oliver this A.M., also. His olest Aunt Mona, died at ae 87, last Sunday. From Spain and his golf holiday week, he returned home and went down tio County Cork to preside over Aunt Mona's Funeral. A pre lunch telephone conversation with Ramona Bugatto, rounded out my mornong. and rested until Ph Having sat up in the wheelchair three aqnd a quarter hours after Occupational Therapy, and tired out, I opted to have lunch in bed and rested until my Physical Therapy in the 2 p, hour. Sitting up an additional fortry minutes, before going back to bed, for now four hours seems my maximum sitting endurance, which I will stretch further in coming weeks. The late afternoon, before dinner, I received a visit from Louis, Donna, and Rose Mauro, the parents and grandmother, of my late friend, Alex Mauro, from Presentation Parish; and another visit from Rev. Fr. Steven Foppiano, Pastor of St. Clare's in West Roseville. Dinner was pasto with pesto sauce and chicken. Then behold, to my surprise, 'Night owl Troy', is becoming, "Roll up the strrets Powers", at just after 8 pm. I just the Chaplain I spoke with Driday is right, this therapy does tire our bodies out quickly...........I Am Hoping For A Peaceful, Prayerful, Minimally Painful, Overnight And Sleep, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive