Saturday, January 1, 2011

JANUARY 1, 2011...........CIRCUMCISION OF THE LORD; MARY, MOTHER OF GOD; WORLD DAY OF PRAYER FOR PEACE; OCTAVE DAY OF CHHRISTMAS; NEW YEAR'S DAY; - NEED ANOTHER REASON TO CELEBRATE ???????????...........

9:30 am -  Happy New Year to all my blog readers.  I appreciate that as of today,  6,180 page views, 5,086 in the United States and 1,094 internationally haver occurred since April 19, 2009, the day I launched, "Insights Into Life And Faith By Father Troy David Powers".  With a late night ushering in 2011 A.D., the good news for me and the parishioners of OLOL this morning is that our New Year's Day Mass, is in an hour - at 10:30 am.  We will be celebrating the Solemnity of the 8th Day of Christmas,  Mary Mother of God, with overtones of the Circumcision of the Lord, World Dy of Prayer For Peace, and New Year's Day.  I am watching the 122nd Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena, California, in which my late friend Brian Welch's daughter, Nicola, a 20 year old sophomore at Texas Christian University, is marching today.  She and the TCU Band, are also performing at today's Rose Bowl Football Classic............1:00 pm - 37 parishioners were present at the 10:30 am Mass; compared to 47 persons at 5 pm last night.  So a grand total of 84 parishioners makes this the lowest Sunday or Holyday Mass attendance in my first six months as Pastor of OLOL.  Father Traynor and I kicked 2011 off afterwards, by going to IHOP for breakfast, at his kind and generous hosting.  I returned to the rectory to the concluding minutes of the Rose Bowl Parade and now await the start of the Rose Bowl Football Game.....Go, Nicola !!!!!!!!!!!  My chillaxing New Year's Day afternnon I will spend between watching the Rose Bowl, and Turner Classic Movies, TCM............Onward 1st Day of 2011,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive