Monday, January 10, 2011

A FULL DAY OF RECTORY WORK CLEARING MY DESK AND ORGANIZING THE PARISH ADMINISTRATION AND MINISTRY AS 2011 OFFICIALLY GETS UNDERWAY FOR THE PASTOR AND PEOPLE OF OLOL IN SACRAMENTO / DEL PASO HEIGHTS / RIO LINDA / ELVERTA / ROBLA / IN CALIFORNIA, USA...........

The first official Parish work day in regards to the Office, taking and returning telephone calls, addressing persons at the rectory door, clearing and organizing my desk, in priority order, opening and sorting the mail, and e-mails, have kept me busy since 8:40 am, after the 8 am Mass, and until 4 pm, with only a light breakfast and lunch; were my focus, including parish finances with the Bookeeper, paying bills, and an one hour twenty meeting minute starting at 2 pm with a researcher needing to interview me.  Esperanza is back after my week's hiatus, and oh, how I am looking forward to the dinner she is cooking, having gone without one for longer than a week and a half.  An uneventful and pondering night dcciding on the car insurance I will choose to insure my 2005 Chevrolet Malibu, is my current concern this evening.  I have not yet driven the car since bringing it home to OLOL, from Paul Blanco EZ Auto, at Noon, on December 31.  Ray Riehle will be joing me for dinner at 5:45 pm, which is a nice way to enjoy my first Esperanza made dinner and decompress after the first day back in the Parish Office saddle.  I am grateful to be proceeding in positive directions as I Pastor the People of God in Our Lady of Lourdes Parish into 2011, and the promise and potential we will all benefit from as the coming months unfold.  It may be Ordinary Time for the next fifty eight days, but it will be far from Ordinary here behind the scenes.  Preparing for the Ecumenical Christian Unity Week Service on Friday January 21, OLOL's will host; and The OLOL Parish Feast Day Celebration on Friday February 11, leading the way for 2011 Special Events in this Parish.  I hope this blog column is not too jumbled, with multiple topics.  These are simply the ministries and energies that have summoned me, on Monday January 10, 2011..........Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive