Sunday, January 23, 2011

EIGHTS DAYS IN SUTTER ROSEVILLE HOSPITAL UNDER TREATMENT FOR RIGHT FOOT INFECTION; ON FRIDAY I WILL HAVE AN MRI, TO VERIFY WHETHER IT HAS SPREAD TO A BACK IMFECTION - AND ON SATURDAY THE AMPUTATION OF MY RIGHT FOOT...........

I have been admitted and in testing, at Sutter - Roseville Medical Center, hospital of record since my onset of Diabetes, in 2002, since Friday February 14. After having having cut through several days of unprecedented hospital mumble jumble for me, things got down to my reason for being here - When my 9 year Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr. James Cookson, was fully engaged in examing, and testing me, by Wednesday January 19, he came to me with what he called, "his final decision recommendation". That being, the Amputation of my Right Foot, as soon as possible, even by Saturday. He asked me to, "Think, Pray, and Talk, on it, and tell him my decision right away. A further testing scan, of the White Blood Cells in my Right Foot, shows much more of an increase, as it does in my lower left, but was undetected. After a verdict following a belated MRI scan on my back, Friday afernoon, that it was infectious with a,"substantial abcess", I was asked to await contact from the Doctor overseeing the MRI. When he did not respond to seeing me by 9 am Saturday; I set my channel of wheels of communication in motion, so as not to risk my Amputation Surgery Appointment with Doctor Cookson.
With no response from the MRI Doctor, until after 3 pm, only rationalizing and refusing to do the MRI abcess draining process, and then for the other infectious Disease Doctor on duty, to see me, and when he did at Dr. Cooksen's "vehement request he do",  a very frustrated Dr. Cooksen, operating through his Saturday afternoon schedule of patients, putting me on the schedule at 5:30 pm, without my MRI Abcess Test Report being done first;
Dr. Cooksen proceeded with the Amputation Surgery; and I was in Recovery by 8:30 pm Saturday and back in my own Room 234, by 11:30 pm. I had my Back Abcess Process, at 9:30 am, Sunday -
led by another Sutter Roseville Doctor and his medical assistants. I AM VERY HAPPY TO REPORT A MINIMALLY PAINFUL FIRST DAY COPING WITH HAVING MY RIGHT FOOT AMPUTATED..........Fr. Troy

2 comments:

Tahoe Primas said...

Keeping you in my prayers, and I have you on our parish prayer chain -- lots of souls praying for you in South Tahoe, my dear brother & friend. You are always an example of strength, faith, & just down to earth grit. The anti-"wussification" governor of PA would be proud! --FrBenedict DeLeon

Unknown said...

FR. BEN AND ST. SOUTH TAHOE, THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS FOE ME ON ST. THERESA'S PRAYER CHAIN.....DEACON EMMETT POGUE WAS ON THE PHONE THIS AFTERNOON, THANKS TO YOU MY DEAR FRIEND. I APPECIATE ALL YOUR SUPPORY AND FRATERNITY..........TROY

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive