Wednesday, October 30, 2013

TEMP SCOOTER EMPOWERMENT.............

In the opening hours of my first day with a temporary motorized scooter thanks to my friend and fraternity brother Scott Vogelsang, I am rediscovering the true freedom of having the ability to come and go greater distances under my own power, as most 50 somethings do the fully able and the disabled alike;  in the spirit and reality of the U.S. Bishops 1978 Pastoral Statement on Persons With Disabled Persons and the USA Federal Law. The Americans With Disabilities Act.  It arrived just two and a half before I travel to Houston, Texas for three day to attend the National Catholic Partnership for Disability NCPD 2013 Convention. the ministry organization that in 1982, grew out of the 1978 Pastoral Statement.  What a genuine thrill it is to live, move, and have my being, with the personally independent capability to journey as far as fifteen miles on one overnight 5 hour battery charge, for minutes, hours, or days, away from my fish out of water abnormal environs of a senior citizens center, not being a senior.  Stand by for news on my continuing progress in going forth unvanquished and resolved to resume and continue active full time priestly pastoral ministry for many years to come.  Thank you Brother Scott; Thank You Jesus !!!.............Fr.  Troy David

1 comment:

Tahoe Primas said...

Congratulations -- enjoy your rediscovered freedom. Hope you have a safe and enjoyable convention. R.I.P. to our dear friend, colleague and protege Fr Steve.

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive